[tpm] my perl program seg faults

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:57:19 PDT 2007

I've posted this to PerlMonks, but I thought I'd throw it out to TPM as well...

My latest app, is a forking TCP server/client. It runs fine and does
its thing. So I put it into a shell loop, and every once in a while I
see it die (near or at the end of processing where its exiting) and
say:

"Segmentation fault"

My guess is its happening after my app says exit, and Perl is doing
its clean up. But I'd rather never see the error message. ISTR that
this isn't the first app of mine that randomly emits this message on
shutdown, but this time around its anoying me. How can I find out
where/why its dying?

B.T.W. perl -v says: "This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi"