[Thousand-Oaks-pm] Combined Meeting...

Peter Bowen pbowen at conversantmedia.com
Tue Jan 13 09:05:25 PST 2015

Mongers,
                First off, the vote... I got one vote for keeping them separate.  There was also ONLY one reply.

                With that in mind, this month we're going to join the Code Craft guys (http://www.meetup.com/codecraftgroup/) on Wednesday, January 28th, at Conversant.  Same place, different night.   I'm excited to see the way that they are doing things, and maybe with a larger group, we'll be able to continue the great conversations that we've been having, but with a larger audience.

                The second order of business, after two years, the mongers lunch is being cancelled.  The last quarter of last year, I was the only one that showed up.  A number of people said that they would come to a lunch meeting, but we just didn't have the turnout that I had hoped for.

                I'll update the web site with both of the changes above.

                Now to a different note.  I don't know if you saw the email from our friend David McDuffee, but Perl Mongers is putting together a booth @ SCALE (https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x).  He is looking for help, and in addition to getting the word out about Perl, he is throwing in a goodie bag of passes, a shirt, and more.  If you want to help out, drop him a line -  mcduffee at gmail.com<mailto:mcduffee at gmail.com>.  SCALE is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday February 19-22 at the LAX Hilton.  I'm going to see what I can do to be there on Friday.  Hopefully you can help out too.

                Finally, there is a pull movement afoot.  It is being called the "2015 CPAN Pull Request Challenge".  There are a number of links that describe the challenge here: http://perlmaven.com/2015-cpan-pull-request-challenge.  The gist of it is that each month you will get a module to look at and submit an improvement as a pull request.  This project is a great  way to get exposed to other engineering styles as well as be part of the open source scene.  I'm planning to participate, and I encourage you to as well.

As always let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll see you on the 28th

-Peter

PETER BOWEN
Manager, Software Engineering

Work 818-575-4599
30699 Russell Ranch Rd., Suite 250, Westlake Village, CA  91362
conversantmedia.com<http://www.conversantmedia.com/>
[Conversant_Logo_Tagline_email]