[Thamesvalley-pm] password strength check

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 03:22:54 PDT 2008

Dave Cross wrote:
> The structure of the Camel book changed radically between the first
> and second editions. The first (pink) edition had a couple of chapters
> that were basically just listings of useful Perl programs.
>
> By the time the second (blue) edition was being prepared, Perl had
> grown so much that there wasn't room for these chapters any more. They
> were therefore spun off into a separate book (The Perl Cookbook). I'm
> not sure if this particular program made it into the Cookbook, but
> that would be where I would start looking :)

not that I can see (1st and 2nd Eds). The cookbook only contains zero,
one or two longer programs per chapter.

Interestingly, I've been pretty unsuccessful googling for password
strength checkers that I could adapt for this usage. I would have
thought that there were lots of implementations in all sorts of
languages. Perhaps its not an "interesting" enough problem.

ps would anyone be interesting in "auditing" my script? I have the bulk
of it done minus the strength checking.

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford