[Thamesvalley-pm] password strength check

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 01:57:47 PDT 2008

John TV.pm wrote:
> Greg Matthews wrote:
>
>> ...  Does anyone recognise it from this short
>> description?
>
> Pretty sure that's from the original (Perl 4!) Camel book. Dunno about
> later editions.

thats what i was worried about (just realised I hadnt checked the first
edition, just 2nd and 3rd!). the fact that its not in either the 2nd or
3rd might suggest:

a) theres something wrong with the script
b) theres a better way of doing it
c) longer scripts were taken out of future editions.
d) something else.

as long as its not a or b I'll just rework it to fit my new requirements.

GREG

ps yes a quick check in old pink camel book turned up this script pages
286-302(!)

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford