[sb.pm] When should we meet next?

Kostas Pentikousis kostas at cs.sunysb.edu
Tue Apr 13 23:50:31 CDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Robert Rothenberg wrote:

<snip>
| How's Tuesday April 27 or Thursday April 29?

I would prefer 4/29.

|> Here are some topic i can think of..

I'm sure there are a lot of topics we can discuss. For example, I
could review "Perl Medic", a rather interesting book. I don't mind
presenting again, and I guess Rob would not have a problem as
well. However, we would like to see significant participation in
the next meeting. If the date/time/topics we will decide is not of
your liking and you will not make the meeting please do let us
know. We can always skip preparing a formal presentation with
slides, etc. and discuss the topic, and more, in a cosier setting
with some good food and drinks ;)

|DBI and DBM files (using tie?) are separate topics.  Which do people on the
|list prefer? I'm willing to do something on DBI, although I might not have
|time to get a presentation ready for the next meeting.

I'm using a hash tied to DB_File for one of my research projects.
I could explain why and how to use such a tool. I'm also
interested in listening to a presentation on DBI, I'm sure there
will many new things to learn :). But wouldn't you be more
interested in a dry run on SkipLists? ;)

Best regards,

Kostas