SPUG: self-study recommendations?

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Oct 3 03:45:12 PDT 2012

On 02/10/12 01:40, Ivan Heffner wrote:
> I'm not immediately familiar with _Intermediate Perl_ or _Modern
> Perl_, several years back, I picked up _Perl Objects, Modules, &
> References_ <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596004781.do> and
> would recommend it as a next step after _Learning Perl_.

I'm pretty sure that "Intermediate Perl" is the new PORM.  There's also
"Mastering Perl" by the same authors and collaboration to fill out the set.

Another good option is Effective Perl Programming, which has a lot of
lovely recipes and hints in it.

Of course, I should recommend that my business' course notes are
available for free at http://perltraining.com.au/notes/ so you might
find some material there worthwhile too.  I also recommend checking out
the tutorial section on http://perlmonks.org  The site can run a little
slow sometimes, but the tutorials are gold.