SPUG: Send email from XP

Ron Pero spug at magnadev.com
Wed Jun 4 18:04:36 PDT 2008

After your suggestion and some trial and error, I've learned how to do it. My spam filter also marks
messages that don't have a To: line, so I learned to add that too.

$body = "To: rpero\@magnadev.com\nSubject: For Ron\n\nHi. This is Rons test";

Will also try the combo of Net::SMTP and MIME::Lite that was suggested.

When I try Mail::DWIM, it fails with this error:
The getpwuid function is unimplemented at C:/Perl/site/lib/Mail/DWIM.pm line 50.

Is getpwuid simply not implemented on Windows, or is it some other flaw?

Thanks again to everyone.

Ron