SPUG: Send email from XP]

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Jun 4 17:39:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008, Ron Pero wrote:
>Bingo!
>
>Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions. It is working for me now.
>
>So far I have tried Net::SMTP (If I could figure out how to add a subject line, the messages might
>get past my spam filter!) and blat.

All you have to do is create the Subject (and any other headers)
as the first part of the data you send to the STMP server.  The
headers are separated from the body by a single blank line.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, I predict,
Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease.
Disraeli replied, "That all depends upon whether I embrace your
principles or your mistress".