SPUG: Moose talk slides online

Croote, Rick rick.croote at philips.com
Tue Jul 22 23:37:08 PDT 2008

I was so sorry to not have attended this meeting.  I was especially interested considering I've setup our own "Class" implementation that has solved many problems where I work.  I was interested in the Moose interface and I am pretty excited after what I have seen going through the presentation.  After discussing this with my team I decided to go to the next step and try it.  Uhhh, that didn't work so well.  It was installing many many (did I say many) modules many of them seemed to fail to install or required versions of modules that are not even available.  Anybody else using Win32 Activestate version 5.8.8 that could not get this to work?  I didn't see any requirements indicating that it would not.