SPUG: JOB: Mid & Senior-level mod_perl dev, Pioneer Square

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Mon Nov 26 11:21:37 PST 2007

Direct Hire (Seattle/Pioneer Square):

Shiftboard is a small, open source and mac friendly company in Pioneer Square
that provides valuable, online worker and event management services to our
fast growing, diverse collection of customers. We provide web-based business
scheduling, reporting, community management and content syndication tools to
a number of business, not-for-profit/municipal and healthcare-related
organizations around the country.

Please check out shiftboard.com for more about what we are doing.

We are currently hiring middle and senior-level modperl (LAMP) || java
developers into positions with long-term growth and team leadership
opportunity.

Here's the run down:

Must have solid open-source experience including:
  - modperl/Apache2 handlers, performance tuning, scaling
  - mysql/database design/performance/replication, scaling
  - just about any linux flavor
  - production web, operations, Git/SVN
  - An overall, rounded skillset and a general addiction to experimenting
    with multiple toolkits, platforms, and gadgets is highly desirable.

These positions are both temp-to-hire at competitive hourly rates based on
experience, commitment and available skillset. The anticipated contact
duration will be 3-6 months.

Permanent positions provide for significant long-term incentives including
equity and other employee benefits.

Working from home or telecommuting is often possible but most work will
requires a regular, non-virtual small-team atmosphere within our office or
field-trips to other locations.

Interested candidates should send a response with relevent experience,
interests and/or resume to spugdev {at} shiftboard.com.