SPUG: DBD::mysql errors with mysql_config [was: Some modules won't install gcc error]

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Mon Dec 3 20:40:06 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>> Well it looks like I spoke too soon.
>
>Perhaps you spoke at the right time!!!
>
>This thread has helped me a bit, as I just tried (without success) to
>install DBD::mysql.  I get the same problem, but I don't even have a
>mysql_config file.
>
>I don't remember ever having problems with DBD::mysql before, though it's
>been a while since I tried.  I've had a version of MySQL installed for about
>2 years on my laptop.  Is mysql_config something new?  Relatively new?  I'm
>not much of a DB internals guy, so I don't know.  Is it at all related to
>MySQL::Config modlule?

The oldest version I have available is mysql-3.23.56, and it has
mysql_config.  That was build 5/19/2003 on an SCO OpenServer 5.0.6a system
so it's not exactly fresh.

>I'm currently using Wamp5 distribution that gets me LAMP for Win32.  There
>is no mysql_config under c:/wamp/mysql/bin.  Since "Wamp Server 2.0" was
>released within the month, I'm reluctant to install it.  I'm not a
>bleeding-edge user.  I don't want the x.0 problems to bite me, especially
>since Wamp Server 2.0 cannot be installed on top of Wamp5.

I haven't a clue about Window implementations, not having had anything
running the Microsoft virus for almost a decade.

Bill

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it coses
when it's free -- P.J. O'Rourke