SPUG: InsideOut Objects talk and UW Perl informational meeting

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Tue Jul 25 10:19:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Doug Treder wrote:

> As I mentioned last night,  I'd volunteer to give a 1.5-hour talk on Inside
> Out objects.  It was part of the Advanced Perl OO class I gave for the UW
> extension a few months ago; and has been presented at Amazon.com as well.
> If the SPUG coordinator contacts me I can also forward a PDF of slides.  (I
> also have a backup short presentation, if we have extra time, on how to use
> Perl to translate English to Elvish!)

Odd, I thought there was a module on CPAN for this, but all I found was
the module to write Perl scripts in Orkish.
<http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/Lingua-Tolkien-BURL>
A friend at an anti-spam company was disturbingly happy to see that URL.

> In other news, the UW Extension is holding an informational meeting for the
> Perl Certificate tonight at 6 pm (1 hour)  at the Puget Sound Plaza (1325

The URL for the program is
<http://www.extension.washington.edu/ext/certificates/per/per_mtg.asp>,
and there is one more info meeting after today as well as contact
information for those who can't attend the meetings.

I'm not affiliated with the program in any way.

> My last class website:   http://www.uvstudios.com/perlclass/  (this was for
> the 3rd course in the certificate).

Cheers,

John