SPUG: InsideOut Objects talk and UW Perl informational meeting

Doug Treder dtreder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 09:48:23 PDT 2006

As I mentioned last night,  I'd volunteer to give a 1.5-hour talk on Inside
Out objects.  It was part of the Advanced Perl OO class I gave for the UW
extension a few months ago; and has been presented at Amazon.com as well.
If the SPUG coordinator contacts me I can also forward a PDF of slides.  (I
also have a backup short presentation, if we have extra time, on how to use
Perl to translate English to Elvish!)

In other news, the UW Extension is holding an informational meeting for the
Perl Certificate tonight at 6 pm (1 hour)  at the Puget Sound Plaza (1325
Fourth Avenue)  This is at Union & 4th Street, on the 4th floor (go up the
elevator and ask for Perl, someone will direct you to our room).   The
informational meetings give you a chance to find out about the Perl
certificate program at UW Extension, ask questions, and meet an instructor.
No obligation to sign up;  you get another month to make a decision.   The
class meets in the same room;  each class is 30 hours (at 3 hrs/week for 10
weeks) and 3 classes make up the certificate.   The classes start at the
beginner level and eventually get into quite advanced topics including OO,
databases, and web services and web applications.

My last class website:   http://www.uvstudios.com/perlclass/  (this was for
the 3rd course in the certificate).

--

-Doug Treder