SPUG: Happy New Year, let's meet again this month

Duane Blanchard dblanchard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:23:49 PST 2006

Merry Christmas and other holiday greetings to all,

Last month was a great get-to-know-each-other meeting downtown at the
WhitePages.com office, thanks Craig for a sweet setup and thanks all
the WhitePages people who made the room seem just the right size. I
was worried that being so close to Christmas and Hanukkah and all, we
would only have a few people, but the turn out was great.

Everyone who spoke up there wanted to meet again in January, and said
they would like a couple tutorials or technical discussions this
month. So, if you'd like to volunteer, let us know as soon as you can.
Even if you can't lead a discussion/tutorial this month but would be
interested in one for coming months, please let us know.

It seems to make sense to run the next several meetings at
WhitePages.com again but to start a little later. I was late myself,
and apologize again. I think street parking becomes free after 6:00,
and that it starts filling up on streets that are closed for parking
during day about 15 minutes before they are officially open. Can
anyone in Seattle tell us whether street parking opens at 6:00 also?
Also, someone had a tip for a cheap place to pay for parking; would
you mind reminding me where that was? Thanks.

The date, following convention, will be the 17th. I hope to see everyone there.

Thanks all,

Duane Blanchard
206.280.1263

There are 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who know binary and those who don't.