SPUG: The SPUG Report, 15 February 2005

Dave Coleman coleman_dave at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:07:05 PST 2005

I'm sorry I missed the chance to be the only newbie hacking with 9
professional programmers.  Oh, wait...  I think I did that at the
meeting before last, or maybe it was the one before that.  While I do
enjoy the challenge of trying to keep up with you guys, it gets a bit
discouraging always chasing the years of experience and wisdom from
far, far behind.  The last few Spug meetings I have been to have been
to gather terms I do not know that I can take home and research later.
"So speak up and ask questions" you might say?  I feel my questions
are more suited for jeeves.  I look forward to each months meetings
and hope to see somebody there who hasn't been hacking with perl
professionally for 6+ years, or presented at OSCON, or published a
book, although these people are vital to the organization.  I would
ask my fellow newbies, to come out and play.  If you need help finding
a fellow noob, watch for the poor guy without a mac who's not saying
much.  I hope to see you there.