SPUG: A Special Holiday Offer from O'Reilly

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Dec 7 15:26:34 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005, John Costello wrote:
> >On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Andrew Sweger wrote:
> >
> >> Now through December 31st, get 30% off any books you order from us through
> >> http://www.oreilly.com/buy.
> >>
> >> Just use Discount Code HOHOHO when you place your order.  (Due to commerce
> >> laws, this offer only applies to books shipped to US addresses).
> >>
> >> Happy Holidays, from everyone at O'Reilly!
> >
> >A belated thanks to SPUG and O'Reilly.  I used the code to buy a copy of
> >Tom Limoncelli's _Time Management for System Administrators_, which looks
> >to be a good book.
> >
> >Related to that book:  I'm trying to find a copy of Limoncelli and Hogan's
> >_The Practice of System and Network Administration_ before I break down
> >and order from Powells.  Does anyone know of a bookstore in
> >Seattle/Bellevue that might have it?  I've checked at a couple of Barnes
> >and Nobles.  Next stop is the UW bookstore.
>
> Bookpool.com is the best place I've found for new technical books.
>
> Bookfinder.com is excellent if you want to find used or out of
> print books.  I even found a book of poetry that my paternal
> grandmother wrote, published in 1946 on bookfinder (of course I
> didn't look until prodded by my sister :-).

Thanks Bill.  Alibris is another nice place to check for out of print
books.

UW doesn't have it, and I'm going to call Elliott Bay before making a trip
downtown.  Otherwise, I'll go with Powells.  (Bookpool has it listed as
out of stock, though cheaper; Powells has some in stock.  Thanks for the
tip on bookpool.  Good to know another resource.)

> Bill

John

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back."--Unknown