SPUG: A Special Holiday Offer from O'Reilly

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Wed Dec 7 13:52:43 PST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005, John Costello wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Andrew Sweger wrote:
>
>> Now through December 31st, get 30% off any books you order from us through
>> http://www.oreilly.com/buy.
>>
>> Just use Discount Code HOHOHO when you place your order.  (Due to commerce
>> laws, this offer only applies to books shipped to US addresses).
>>
>> Happy Holidays, from everyone at O'Reilly!
>
>A belated thanks to SPUG and O'Reilly.  I used the code to buy a copy of
>Tom Limoncelli's _Time Management for System Administrators_, which looks
>to be a good book.
>
>Related to that book:  I'm trying to find a copy of Limoncelli and Hogan's
>_The Practice of System and Network Administration_ before I break down
>and order from Powells.  Does anyone know of a bookstore in
>Seattle/Bellevue that might have it?  I've checked at a couple of Barnes
>and Nobles.  Next stop is the UW bookstore.

Bookpool.com is the best place I've found for new technical books.

Bookfinder.com is excellent if you want to find used or out of
print books.  I even found a book of poetry that my paternal
grandmother wrote, published in 1946 on bookfinder (of course I
didn't look until prodded by my sister :-).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Scientists are explorers. Philosophers are tourists.'' -- Richard Feynman