SPUG: Next SPUG meeting in Seattle and Bellevue Daytime Meeting

Duane Blanchard dblanchard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:01:59 PST 2005

I've gotten several replies from people planning to come to the
daytime Bellevue meeting. Someone has also kindly written to notify me
that Tuesday is the 13th, not the 15th. (I'm still trying to learn how
to read a calendar).

Would any of those respondents be unable to attend if we changed the
daytime meeting to Wednesday the 14th? We have a couple people who
couldn't make it on Tuesday and one who couldn't make it on Thursday.

No one has complained about the noon meeting time, and the only person
to comment on food votes for Dixie's BBQ. Last chance to comment on
time/date or place will be noon tomorrow... I'll do the final
announcement tomorrow night.

Also, I've received two offers for locations for the regular evening
meeting on Thursday. The choices are:

>From Peter Darley:
100 West Harrison
South Tower, Suite 320

The one (small) challenge with this space is that someone will need to stay
in the lobby after the doors are locked, at 6:00 or 7:00 I think, to let
people in and unlock the elevator for them.

Duane says> I think that's reasonable.

>From Colin Meyer:
WhitePages.com
Rainier Tower
4th & University

The downsides are:
 . street parking is slightly difficult
 . no public internet
 . conference room only holds 15 comfortably

Duane says> Thanks to both Colin and Peter for volunteering those
spaces. Everyone please write in your preferences if you have any, and
keep in mind this is potentially a long-term decision. I really liked
the meeting I attended at Amazon and want to thank whomever it was
that managed that for us. If you decide that you would like to offer
that again, please let me know.

And the final request: how to add an address to the map.

Browse to
http://www.communitywalk.com/map/438#

Click the login button at the lower right of the map (user: spug,
pass: spugger),

Click "Add Markers" (bottom left corner).

You can add markers by:
1) Clicking on the map (Click)
2) Entering an address (Address - U.S. only)
3) Entering latitude and longitude (Lat/Lng)

Thanks all, sorry for the long message.