SPUG: JOB: SE at IDX Systems

SPUG Jobs jobs-noreply at seattleperl.org
Tue Apr 19 16:56:20 PDT 2005

The Tools team at IDX Systems is hiring a full-time (W-2) software
engineer.  We use Perl extensively in writing development and
configuration tools for the Carecast clinical information system.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can, but please DO NOT send me resumes
or applications; those must be submitted through the link below to get to
HR.

http://idx.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=1763

Job Description:

The SW Engineer/Dev/Lead on the Carecast TSD Tools Team:

 * Develops and maintains software in perl (plus smaller amounts of code
   in other languages).
 * Maintains and extends a large, heavily reused code base written in
   perl.
 * Creates simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
 * Identifies opportunities to improve processes by applying existing
   tools and developing new ones.
 * Develops tools and performs analysis to enforce and extend exit
   criteria for standard product builds.

This position may be hired at the Associate, Senior or Lead level,
depending on qualifications.

Requirements:

Important Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Required Qualifications):

 * Must have demonstrated success writing application software in a 3rd
   generation procedural language.
 * Minimum 2 years experience as a Software Developer.
 * Accomplished programmer, either with strong academic background in
   computer science or having written >50,000 lines of code in a variety
   of languages.
 * Strong team player, enjoying team programming, collaborative design,
   and rigorous code reviews.
 * Driven to produce simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
 * Able to interact with a wide variety of other programs, databases, and
   the web; build and manipulate complex data structures.

Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of Value (Desired Qualifications):

 * perl programming experience is highly desired.
 * COBOL and/or TACL programming experience is a plus.
 * Experience building tools in a large system environment is a strong
   plus.
 * Linux/Unix, Tandem, and Windows development experience are plusses.

Preferred minimum education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or
related discipline is required.

Estimated Travel: Less than 10%.
Location: This position is located in Seattle, WA and is not available for
remote employment. No relocation assistance is available.

Additional Information:
Hard work is rewarded at IDX. Our benefits package reflects our commitment
that our employees lead happy, healthy lives.

Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing, 401(k) with Match
Tuition Assistance
Paid Vacation and Holidays
New hires start with 3 weeks vacation
Child Care Resource Center
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts
Short and Long-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance

IDX is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer

--
Jack Foy <jack_foy at idx.com>
Software engineer, Tools