SPUG: QCafe as a venue for PWP hack session and regular SPUG meetings

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRWolf at att.net
Wed Mar 17 13:14:06 CST 2004

El JoPe Magnifico <ext-spug at jope.net> writes:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Michael R. Wolf wrote:
>>> QCafe has a computer instructional area, according to their literature.
>>> Has anyone seen this?  (is it separate from the couple computers in the
>>> back right corner of the cafe?)  Is it a possible venue for presentations?
>>
>> It's not appropriate -- only about 6 computers.
>
> Number of computers isn't really relevant, with regards to presentations.
> Is there seating for more than six people?  Any projection equipment?

Of course. Your're right, computers aren't necessary for our
presentations. I meant to indicate the size of the room (tight with 6
computers and 6 seats). It's too small for our use.

> I've seen the public area, and no, it's not appropriate either.
> There is a small-ish meeting room right behind the stage, but IIRC,
> it only seats maybe 8 people.

That's about right. 8-12, but only about 8 at the table. Not
appropriately sized for a SPUG meeting.

SO.... I don't think QCafe is good for the monthly SPUG meeting, but
it is good for a hack session - the public room *is* appropriate for a
few folks to be doing private work together.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRWolf at att.net