SPUG:Open Source Recruiters?

Creede Lambard creede at penguinsinthenight.com
Tue May 6 09:58:38 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 06:30, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> I've never understood that part about letting a "professional" market you.
> Aren't you a professional? I mean, we're not exactly bubble gum or tennis
> shoe, we are engineers in a very technical field. hired on a one-on-one
> personal basis.

Professional writers have agents. Professional athletes have agents.
I have no problem with letting an "agent" market me, since I'm a
professional programmer, not a professional marketer. I would rather let
another professional handle that part of the business so I can do the
things I enjoy and am good at.

> As far as finding actual jobs go, I've found 2 of my last 3 jobs through SPUG.
> I don't completely understand why I've been so successful through SPUG, but I
> think it has something to do with Tim's facial hair.
>
> So here's to hoping Tim never shaves, for then it would be a truly
> catastrophic economic event in my life at least! ;-)

Tim without facial hair would be . . . well possibly disturbing, but
certainly unrecognizable and almost certainly still as funny. :)

-- Creede