contest -> SPUG sub-UG [was Re: SPUG: windfall -> contest]

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Thu Jan 2 16:54:30 CST 2003

Pat Eyler <pate at eylerfamily.org> writes:

> I write the occasional book review.  Recently, I asked for a copy of
> 'LDAP Programming, Integration, and Management' by Manning Press and
> was a bit suprised when they shipped me a couple of copies.

[...]

> I'll round up the submissions on 10 Jan 2003, and will work out
> delivery terms with the winner.

I noticed a "book reading club" announcement on the Portland PM group,
that had started an idea brewing in the back of my mind.  Your postig
brought it forward.

Let me suggest that when you do deliver the books that you announce it
her, and then anyone who's interested in discussing the book could set
up a similar meeting time/place for a group discussion.  I've
occasionally found that this kind of discussion helps me with books.
By me sharing what I got from the book, it catalyzes the knowledge
that I gained.  And by listeing to others, I get points or
perspectives that I had missed.  Not being familiar with the book, or
even LDAP, I'm not sure it's conducive to this kind of discussion.
Some books are, some aren't.  But there will be a few folks possibly
starting to read it at the same time, so it might be a good time to
try a little short-lived SPUG sub-UG for discusision of the LDAP book.

It's a way to play with it, and that's learning in my book.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
        MichaelRunningWolf at att.net