SPUG: Jan. Meeting: The Horror of ~damian/bin !

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Jan 2 17:21:25 CST 2003

SPUGsters,

Here's the announcement for our first *Damianiacal meeting*
of the New Year, a week from next Wednesday (yes, it's
Wednesday this time!).  The same info's on the web site,
but in *color*.

Also, please note that Damian would really like to see more
students in his Seattle & Kirkland training classes for that
same week, so check out http://teachmeperl.com for details.

FYI, here's the current schedule of Consultix classes,
including Damian's:

   DAMIAN C:
       Munging: 1/13; Regexes: 1/15; BioInfo: 1/15; OOP: 1/17
   T. MAHER:
       Minimal Perl: 1/27; UNIX: 1/28; Perl: 2/10; Modules: 2/13

To help you out, we've extended the 50% discounts through
the weekend, for those still recovering from their vacations. 8-}

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.            tim at timmaher.org       |
| JAWCAR ("Just Another White Camel Award Recipient" |
| SPUG Founder & Leader       spug at seattleperl.org   |
| Seattle Perl Users Group    www.seattleperl.org    |

         January 2003 Seattle Perl Users Group Meeting

   Speaker: Damian Conway, "Renowned Perl Wizard and Modulator"
            damian at conway.org

      Time: Wednesday, January 15, 2002 7-9pm
      NOTE: Usual location and time, but 3rd Wednesday,
                rather than 3rd Tuesday!
  Location: SAFECO bldg, Brooklyn St. and NE 45th St.

      Cost: Admission is free and open to the general public.
      Info: http://seattleperl.org/

          "Everyday Perl - The Horror that is ~damian/bin"

In this new talk, Damian walks us through his ~/bin directory,
explaining the numerous home-spun Perl scripts that he uses
on an everyday basis.

Remember, we're dealing with "The Damian" here, so just because
the scripts are short and practical, that doesn't mean they
can't also be scary!

Pre- and Post- Meeting Activities
---------------------------------
The pre-meeting dinner will be at the Cedars restaurant, at 50th
St. and Brooklyn, in the University District, near the Safeco
building where the meeting will take place. The phone number is
527-5247. If you're planning to be there, please post a message
to the list with your expected arrival time (5:30-5:45pm is
recommended).

As usual, those seeking liquid input before (and/or after) the
meeting are invited to congregate at the nearby Finn MacCool's
tavern, at 4217 University Ave. North, (206) 675-0885.  (But if
somebody has a *specific recommendation* for an alternative location
that's more conducive to conversation, please let me know, and
we'll consider trying it out.)

See the web-site for more details.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org