SPUG:~damian/bin scripts.

Marc M. Adkins Marc.M.Adkins at Doorways.org
Tue Jan 21 17:36:39 CST 2003

> (But I do recommend to everyone, especially those just getting started, to
> pick a man page at random every day and at least skim it. Don't study it,
> just throw it at your brain. Something will stick. Over time it will start
> to gel, exponentially.  Some people tell me this just won't work for them.
> But I'm not sure they've actually tried it.)

I remember the days of interminably long compilations.  I used the dead time
to read manuals.  Instead of playing solitaire or whatever.  I learned a
lot.  Now compilations happen faster (or not at all in the case of Perl).  I
don't learn nearly so much.  Ah, well, that's progress for you.

mma