SPUG:~damian/bin scripts.

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Jan 21 16:19:58 CST 2003

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, O'neil, Jerome wrote:

> I'd RNDIAA (Rather Not Do It At All) if its ABD (Already Been Done).

Sometimes it becomes a matter of scale. Small tricks and tools like those
presented by Damian last week are so small and particular to the
individual, it's usually more important that the user have an intimate
understanding of those tricks and shortcuts.

Granted, taking someone else's shortcut as a starting point will help a
good deal. Especially when one is not familiar with the means available.
Who wants to spend all their time reading all the man pages to squeeze
every last trick out of their shell or editor?

(But I do recommend to everyone, especially those just getting started, to
pick a man page at random every day and at least skim it. Don't study it,
just throw it at your brain. Something will stick. Over time it will start
to gel, exponentially.  Some people tell me this just won't work for them.
But I'm not sure they've actually tried it.)

> Can we expect ~damian/bin soonerish, rather than laterish?

One never knows with Damian. Getting Damian's ~/bin is less important to
me than just letting Damian work on whatever he feels is important. He's
been a much better judge of priorities for Perl than I'll ever be.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.