SPUG:Microsoft: Open source threatens our business model

Marion Scott Warner warner at oz.net
Wed Feb 19 03:01:47 CST 2003

I have been using Linux exclusively for the past 5 years.
Windoz NT is on that other disc somewhere, but I've sort
of forgotten about it. Does Microsoft make a stable & secure
Operating System yet? Like I really care at this point.
I sort of view MS like the little boy who cried wolf too many times,
and their customers look rather much like the crowd in the story
the Emperors New Clothes.
I seem to recall at my last employer when yet another
Windoz virus showed up everyone seemed to stop working.
I never seemed to have that problem. I never seemed to
experience that other phenomena known as the
BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH either.
IMO, you're really your own worst enemy when you emphasize
marketing over product quality. Linux really shines in that
release dates are not set by a marketing department.