SPUG: Re: spug-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Dec 8 13:38:09 CST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:05:45PM +0000, heiko_peter at comcast.net wrote:
> > My client offers competitive compensation
> I did not intend to sound sarcastic but
> is there a reason why the 'client' wants to remain anonymous ?

That would be because recruiters like to *get paid* for finding
workers for companies, and those who approach the company
directly can eliminate the middle-man's markup and negotiate
better wages. That's obviously not a favorable outcome for the
recruiter!

> On this occasion I think most of know who the 'client' is but I
> thought it would be reasonable to expect that anyone posting to
> this list ought to reveal who they are.

> Thanks
> -HP

Actually, the policy on this list (as stated at
http://seattleperl.org/#Jobs) is that *nobody* is supposed to
post a job announcement directly in the first place; they are
meant to be sent to spug at teachmeperl.com first for verification,
additional info gathering, and editing, to ensure the
completeness and accuracy of job postings. Those who violate this
policy may be prevented any further access to our list.

On your other point, SPUG doesn't currently require that job
offers identify the company with the opening; that's to encourage
recruiters to work with us.

| Tim Maher, Ph.D.                    tim(AT)teachmeperl.com |
| SPUG Founder & Leader              spug(AT)teachmeperl.com |
| Seattle Perl Users Group        http://www.seattleperl.com |
| SPUG Wiki Site               http://spugwiki.perlocity.org |
| Perl Certification Site      http://perlcert.perlocity.org |