SPUG: RE: Giving up on computer jobs & usefulness of placemen t fi rms

O'neil, Jerome joneil at cobaltgroup.com
Wed Aug 13 10:45:12 CDT 2003

> As for acronyms, the computer biz is one vast acronym and I do not
> see how you can get out of using at least a few, especially if you
> have been around for a while.

Acronyms can be a great indicator.  If you put an acronym on a resume, you
should at least be prepared to discuss it.  I can't count the number of
candidates that had a list of acronyms on the sheet, but couldn't tell you
when they used them, and in a couple of cases, what they even meant.

It's pretty obvious when someone is using the acronym shotgun to get
noticed.

-Jerome