SPUG: monitoring a Cold Fusion application for health

ced at carios2.ca.boeing.com ced at carios2.ca.boeing.com
Thu Nov 14 19:23:52 CST 2002

Hi Vince,

If the CF 111 error results in some variant of HTTP "server error"
when there's a fetch, could you just schedule a simple LWP (or even
cook up a lynx) test ala:

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $request = HTTP::Request->new(GET => 'http://cf.../foo.htm/');
my $response = $ua->request($request);
unless ( $response->is_success ) {
   ... do the CF reboot..
}

You could possibily HEAD instead of GET here if you're just
checking for stupidity. Or even poke into the type of reponse
error to make sure that the error wasn't something transient.

--
Charles DeRykus

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org