SPUG: backticks, system, and ImageMagick

Tim Maher tim at consultix-inc.com
Sun Mar 17 18:17:08 CST 2002

(Forwarded after removal of SPAM-triggers)
-Tim

When in windoze I usually do something like this:

	open CMD,"program |" or die;

	while (<CMD>) {
		print;
	}

Note, at least in w2k, that both stdout and stderr are read on the pipe,
but you can use open CMD,"program 2>nul |" to suppress stderr (or stdout
1>nul).

You may wanna try it on win98.

--@@
   ~
 DavidC

The Biggest Game In Town - http://www.wces.org/html_files/burien.html
Finally, America will begin to see the staggering wealth our own city,
county, state, and federal governments hold secret accounts. If these hidden
assets - that the AMERICAN PEOPLE own - can be liberated from government
agencies, we can see a virtual end to property and income tax. Sound
impossible? Then you haven't heard Walter Burien exposing the Comprehensive
Annual Financial Report (CAFR) scam.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org