SPUG: Shemales and Transsexuals !!!

Douglas Kirkland douglas at slugstone.net
Mon Apr 8 15:32:55 CDT 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 11:13 am, Daniel James wrote:
> > Many people are rather opposed to the idea of the spam filtering on
> > the listserver since they believe this is not the correct place to do
> > since false positives do happen.  Often a compromise is reached when
> > you only filter mail from non list members.  Even in these cases, the
> > list usually relays the message, simply marking it at "probably
> > spam"--something you can usually parse from the subject anyway.
>
> Any reason we wouldn't want to prohibit messages from non-members?  Most of
> the lists I've been on have been set up that way.

I believe this is already done.
I have test sending as a non-member and the list did not get the message.

Some how the spammer are signing up on the list then sending to the list.

Some how we should make it more difficult for spammers to subscribe to the
list, while allowing new membership to the list.  That was obvious.

I have said this before.

Only allow emails to the list that are in the to field to post to the list.
That should reduce about 60% of the spamming to the list.  Maybe even more.

Douglas

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org