SPUG: Re: XML::XPath, LibXML Re: [was can't die() ...]

Douglas Leonard dleonard at dleonard.net
Wed Sep 19 15:27:50 CDT 2001

I expect that Matt will have a full SAX implementation using libxml2 in
the not so distant future.  That guy has just been cranking out the code
lately.  There was a bunch of talk about it on the perl-xml list recently
if I remember correctly.

I'm planning on converting my XPath based app to LibXML sometime in the
near future now that the XPath support has been added to LibXML.  My
initial tests showed a minimum of 4x speed increase comparing the two.
I'm guessing that the average speed increase is actually even better than
that.

--

<Douglas Leonard>
<dleonard at dleonard.net>