SPUG: nonprofits - research URLs

Meryll Larkin humbaba9 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 13:10:55 CST 2001

11/20/01

At the risk of giving you info you already have....

Here are a few URLs I use to start my research on
non-profits (other than going to Google and typing in
nonprofit org seattle).

http://www.bridgewaycareer.com/seattle-nonprofits.htm
http://www.idealist.org/
http://www.inom.org/links2.htm
http://www.ncnb.org/links.htm

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/
What's that site running? - tells me what platform
they  (or their ISP) are using on their Web server,
sometimes the volunteer who answers the phone doesn't
know.  Of course, if they are using IIS, this DOESN'T
tell me if they use Active Perl and a pseudo cgi-bin,
and it also DOESN'T tell me about their servers OTHER
than their Web server.  And, under Netblock owner, you
might find the name of their ISP or parent company.

Meryll Larkin

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org