SPUG: Template system

Andrew Sweger andy at n2h2.com
Thu Jul 26 17:44:27 CDT 2001

On Jul 26, 2001 @ 12:24pm, Ian Li wrote:

> I'm trying to separate my HTML and Perl code and I am trying to find a
> templating system that is most suitable for me. I'm creating my web
> site in the University of Washington servers which does not have
> mod_perl, so I'm concerned about speed.

Have a look at CGI::FastTemplate. It is geared toward files and performs
recursive symbol substitution. Speed will be at the mercy of the host OS
if included files are going to be pulled in (without something like
Apache::Registry). But then speed should be the last thing to worry about,
eh?

--
 Andrew B. Sweger <andy at n2h2.com> |  N2H2, Incorporated
                                  |  900 Fourth Avenue, Suite 3600
 Product Development              |  Seattle WA 98164-1059
 v=206.336.2947    f=206.336.1556 |  http://www.n2h2.com/

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org