SPUG: Web host recommendation

Lou Hevly lou at visca.com
Wed Jan 31 12:35:35 CST 2001

At 13:39 30/01/01 -0800, Lorraine Johnson wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I need to put up a CGI outside our firewall, and am looking for a Web
>hosting firm that supports user Perl CGI scripts (I've found a bunch).  Web
>Space Outlet (www.wso.net) looks pretty good on the surface, but I'd
>appreciate it if anyone has a recommendation.

I've had the visca.com domain hosted on olm.net for nearly 5 years and have been happy. 150 Mb space, 3 Gb/month traffic, telnet, SSL, true IP for $13.95/month

The main problem is they're still running perl 5_004. But with 150 Mb, you could install your own Perl.

For dedicated servers, I've found one that I've only been with for 6 months but they seem reliable. insidecrew.net charges only $150/month for a 10 GB hard drive and 25 Gb/month traffic.

HTH.

--
All the best (Adéu-siau),
Lou Hevly