SPUG: perltidy HTML colorer

Don Schneider dons at amazon.com
Wed Dec 26 19:51:20 CST 2001

For me, even with these, the emacs colorizer still gets confused by commas
in a qq statement which uses balanced parentheses, braces, brackets, etc:

   print qq[      get rid of this, it confuses the colorizer.\n];

Using non-balanced delimiters is better, although everything after the
comma isn't colorized as a string:

   print qq|      the next sentence is less true:\n|;
   print qq|      get rid of this, it confuses the colorizer.\n|;

Escaping the comma makes the colorizer happy:

   print qq[      the next sentence is false:\n];
   print qq[      get rid of this\, it confuses the colorizer.\n];

Any suggestions?

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org