SPUG: Shared memory system

Peter Darley pdarley at kinesis-cem.com
Thu Dec 6 15:49:04 CST 2001

Colin,
	Thanks for the link to mod_perl guide, it's already proven quite useful.
I'd forgotten about the Apache::DBI (tho it doesn't seem to make much of a
difference on this system)
	I'm wanting to cache report data from the database so it's available for
formatting when people request it.  I'd like to have something in-memory, as
I have tons of available memory on this machine, and would like to get some
use out of it;  I would also like to do this somewhat as a learning
exercise.
	So, I want to be able to share variables between processes without writing
them to disk.
Thanks,
Peter Darley