SPUG: local ISP question

Eric Johanson ericj at cubesearch.com
Wed Apr 25 12:57:54 CDT 2001

I've used zipcon for about three years now.  I only use them for shell
access.  Service has been *great* on the shell side of the house.  I know Dan
(the owner) has had some dialup issues (telco's issue), but otherwise it's been
like a rock.  (not that I've used it; he posts emails to all of his customers
with any issues with service.... very professional)

I know I've had the same pine session for over a month now.... :)

I can't speak of the dsl quality; I think they use qwest...... 'nuf said...

The shell box is Redhat 6.2, and is never overloaded.   Daytime traffic is
around 10-15 light logged in users.  He'll let you run background processes if
you ask nice, and they don't hog resources.

zipcon sometimes has deals for paying for a full year; ask them about it.

Overall, I'd give zipcon.net a A for service.  It is a small shop, but I enjoy
the personal service.    The only drawback I see is not having a national
POP... but I really don't need that anyway...

-Eric
ericjohanson at zipcon.net

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org