SPUG: Hey everyone!

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Sep 25 18:58:17 CDT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:38:25PM -0700, Mike wrote:
> I was fooling around with my resume on Monster for the Perl Classes
> and low and behold someone gives me a job offer. I'm quite happy
> with my current job (amazing isn't it?). But I told her I'd ask the group
> about it, because she is looking for Perl people. So what do you have
> to do with job listings? Do you send it to one person for approval or
> did we put it on a web page? I can let her email someone about it if
> that is cool.

Read the requirements for job ads on our web site (also attached below),
and email to: spug at halcyon.com

-Tim
|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel: (206) 781-UNIX        |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |
we are providing you with a valuable service at no charge.  In return,
we ask that you provide the following details of your job opening, to
prevent our members from individually having to ask the questions that
would elicit the same answers.

To submit your job listing for consideration, Email a description of it
containing the following details, to: spug at halcyon.com

* required skill-set

* contract or permanent position

* for contracts,
	* expected duration and pay range

* for permanent positions,
	* availability of stock options or other incentive plans

* for all positions,
	* whether candidate deals directly with employer or a recruiter
	* if recruiter, would candidate work for recruiter, or company?

* W-2 vs. 1099 status

* any restrictions on 1099 status: Corporation, etc.?

* physical location

* telecommuting possible?

* company's product or service
	* e-commerce, grocery shopping, nuclear weapons, pornography, etc.

SPUG officials will post announcements of such openings to our mailing list
after ensuring that all details are complete.  If you are reluctant to
disclose any of these details, then you are encouraged to post your job
announcement elsewhere.

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org