SPUG: Perl Authors Needed for Book

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Thu Nov 2 12:00:12 CST 2000

My name is Julia Gilbert and I am an Author Agent for Wrox
<http://www.wrox.com> .

You may be familiar with our range of books.  Our trademark is "Programmer
to Programmer", because Wrox books are written by professional programmers
for professional programmers and are subsequently reviewed by professional
programmers.

We are currently in the process of producing a publication dedicated to
professional Perl programming and are seeking authors who have the expertise
to write chapters on one or more of the following subjects:-

1) Perl and Relational Databases
(access to MS SQL servers via the Sybase drivers, Oracle, and probably a bit
of MySQL too. Modules that should be covered include DBI::W32ODBC,
Win32::ODBC, Win32::DBIODBC, DBFramework, and Tangram)

2) Embedding Perl into Web Pages
(Why embed Perl, Perl-ASP/PerlScript, EmbPerl, ePerl, HTML::Mason)

3) Mathematical and Computational Applications
(Perl Math Modules, Mathematical Algorithms with Perl, Matrices,
Cryptography)

4) Distributed Perl Programming
(IPC, RPC, CORBA)

5) Perl and Other Programming Languages
(Using C from Perl, writing with the POSIX.pm module, syscall, Devel::Peek,
DynaLoader.pm, Using Perl from C, Converting Perl into C, Converting Perl
into Bytecode (and back))

6) Perl and Unicode
([perlunicode] (I18N.pm), use utf8.pm, use bytes.pm)

7) Locale and Internationalization
(use locale, Unicode, Time and Timezones).

In addition to these chapters, we need authors to write the following
sections:

	*	A section on "Perl IDEs and Editors"
	*	Integrating Perl with IIS
	*	Integrating Perl with Netscape
	*	A set of short sections on web protocols covering MailTools
modules, Mail::POP3Client, libnet modules (namely, Net::SMTP, Net::POP3,
Net::FTP).

We would need your first draft of the chapter(s)/section(s) before the end
of November, so please let me know ASAP if you are interested in writing for
us.

You are welcome to pass my enquiry on to any colleagues who you think may be
interested.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Julia

Julia Gilbert
Author Agent

Wrox Press