SPUG: go.com job, Downtown Seattle

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Wed Jun 28 17:36:24 CDT 2000

Howdy.

I'm a Perl programmer for the Content Services/QBot group of http://Go.com .

Our group is looking for a senior Perl developer. The job description is
below and is also available at:
	http://jobs.go.com/jobs/job-listings/Go-seattle/160-00-175.html

Information about benefits is at:
	http://jobs.go.com/jobs/benefits.html

General company information is at:
	http://jobs.go.com/jobs/Default.htm

Though not addressed directly on the benefits page, stock options are
standard, and there is potential for some telecommuting. The job is in
downtown Seattle.

STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER
  Job#160-00-175
  Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
  Project/Department: Content Services

Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's
degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience; 5 -
10 years of practical development experience; extensive
knowledge of UNIX operating system, shell scripting and
Perl, experience in SQL Server or Oracle; and practical
experience in internet related technologies such as HTTP,
HTML, XML, and Java. Strong communication skills needed.

primary person responsible for the design and improvement
of Qbot web spidering engine. This person will take the
leadership role in the development of UNIX/PERL based
software tools. Previous experience and continued interest
in providing team leadership, mentorship, and performing
ongoing technical reviews required.

This group has a very positive, fun, social feel. We hire
people who enjoy working as part of a team and interacting
with others. We have maintained a startup-like feel, though
we enjoy the resources of a large company and the exposure
granted by being part of a major portal. Please contact
me directly to learn more about the group or position.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers, Noah

--
Noah Iliinsky