SPUG: The beans

B.Ingerson at epixtech.com B.Ingerson at epixtech.com
Wed Jul 26 08:13:47 CDT 2000

Hi all,

Last week I promised to summarize the "SPUG at cpan.org" project happenings.
Well, I didn't get a chance to and probably won't until next week. (I'm on
vacation this week, racing my bicycle at the masters national championships
in Indianapolis; and using this crapppy web-based mail client again)

Anyway, I wanted to elaborate just a bit on the events that Andy alluded to
in his post last Friday. It seems that Damian Conway would be willing to
let our group maintain one or more of his excellent modules!

One of the most promising possibilities is LlamaCard.pm (a Tk/perl/XML
based HyperCard look-alike) written by on of his students, Aaron Wigley. At
the very least this module should be given a serious look for any Tk based
apps we may want to persue.

I'll say more next week but for now I'd like to see the ideas keep rolling
in. Keep in mind for the initial project we should probably pick something
with the following attributes:

1) Is a module (not a script or app)
2) Finishable in a 1-2 month timeframe.
3) Usable on Unix and Win32

The important thing initially is to get a good infrastructure set up for
doing this. Then we can take on the world...

Brian

     POST TO: spug-list at pm.org       PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org