SPUG: Re: Hosting SPUG meetings (fwd)

Tim Maher/CONSULTIX tim at consultix-inc.com
Mon Oct 11 12:57:00 CDT 1999

>> Message submitted at: Mon Oct 11 10:57:00 PDT 1999

SPUGers:

The following note confirms that we could hold our future meetings at the
SpeakEasy cafe, in downtown Seattle.  I figure this would be an extremely
popular option for those working in the downtown area, and an extremely
unpopular option for everybody else.

So, those (10%) of you on this list who actually attend our meetings,
what do you think?  And more importantly, can you offer us another
more suitable meeting place, or a suggestion where we could find one?

P.S.  Although we won't necessarily be able to get a location with
all the attributes we might want, we don't need to make an immediate
decision until 1/2000 anyway, so we might as well keep hoping and looking!

-Tim

			SPUG HOME DESIDERATA

Minimum Requirements:
	easy highway access
	accommodation for up to 25 persons
	central to high-tech work locations
		(Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue)
	near restaurants/bars for post-meeting meetings

Better:
	free and ample parking
	free access to meeting room (no escorts)
	Overhead Projector & Screen
	White-Boards

Even Better:
	Internet access
	data projector
	comfy chairs

Pie in the Sky:
	Free Beer
	Hot Tubs
	Free shuttle service to Rooftop Heli-Pad

>SpeakEasy Says:
>
> 	Presuming everything "works out" we can
> 	commit to every Third Tuesday starting
> 	in November, 7PM-9PM. Hope this works
> 	for y'all.
>

>Tim says:

>Thanks for looking into this!  A few points:  1) We don't actually need
>a new location until Jan. 2000, and 2) although it would be very cool
>to have an official professional reason to hang out at the SpeakEasy on
>a monthly basis, I'm very concerned about the logistics of entering the
>downtown area by car during rush hour and the availability of parking
>in your vicinity, which will require some research and discussion.
>
>So for now, we're grateful for your offer of accommodation, and would like
>you to keep that offer open while we consider our situation.

|  Tim Maher, Ph.D.           Tel/Fax: (206) 781-UNIX    |
|  SPUG Founder & Leader      Email: spug at halcyon.com    |
|  Seattle Perl Users Group   HTTP: www.halcyon.com/spug |

    POST TO: spug-list at pm.org        PROBLEMS: owner-spug-list at pm.org