[Southampton-pm] The reason my Plack demo failed. :)

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 13:43:01 PDT 2012

For those who missed it, last week I gave an impromptu demonstration of
Plack - I'm trying to find a good way to migrate ModPerl::Registry scripts
over to something "modern".  However, I couldn't get the nice StackTrace
middleware to show up when I added "die" into my example.

As a follow-up, I filed this issue on github, and got a very speedy
response from the author:

https://github.com/plack/Plack/issues/326

So I was able to produce a customised version of Plack::App::Cascade that
does support the StackTrace middleware.  I'm still thinking through all the
issues around a full migration path from ModPerl::Registry, however.  Is
anyone else out there interested in this stuff?

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>