[Santa-rosa-pm] Hi

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Fri Oct 23 09:01:08 PDT 2009

Hi,

Perl has always been my favorite language -- and now, perl6 has ignited
my coding sensibilities.

I'm using the rakudo in Fedora's distro to play around with perl6.  Even
wrote a program to get my feet wet, using gather/take -- very spiffy.

I'm hoping that soon we will be able to run "perl6 --target=pbc", and
have it generate pbc for parrot.

Alas, though, I may need to use perl5 for my latest programming idea:
my own markov-chaining irc bot, using redis as the database backend.

http://code.google.com/p/redis/wiki/CommandReference

http://search.cpan.org/~dpavlin/Redis-0.0801/lib/Redis.pm

...and as crazy as this question may sound:  Is anyone using perl6 in
production?  If so, how do you feel about it?

Also, I really think the world of perl is about to become much more
exciting! :)

Thanks, and Happy Friday. :)

 -Scott