Hello perl mongers

Jay Di Silvestri jay at adei.com
Mon Mar 1 00:07:10 CST 1999

Since our initial posting on perl.org  attracted about ten subscribers .
. .I  was thinking that we could get together soon. (we can keep this
all virtual if that's what people prefer) .  Is anyone going to the
LinuxWorld this week in San Jose?   Also, I noticed that the North Bay
Linux users group (www.nblug.org) meets monthly at O'reilly in
Sebastopol.  The next meeting is on March 9th.  I'll be there, both
because I want to check it out and I want to get the word out about this
group.  Hopefully, we can have a couple of members there. . .

Any ideas on where to go with this group?  I link the idea of a mailing
list.  I think that people should feel free to use this as a help line
if they are comfortable. It seems like a web site would be a good idea,
perhaps some advocacy work with local businesses/schools too.  What do
people think?

With so few people right now, if the traffic is low on this list I'll
wait until the March 9 nblug.org meeting before I send another message.
Please feel free to evangelize the group.
--jay at adei.com