[sf-perl] another job opening.. in Alameda

Russ Tremain russt at releasetools.org
Fri May 17 09:31:43 PDT 2013

Perforce is a rare place to work: lots of fun, and heavy into perl.
Free monthly massage, and an extra day of vacation every month.  Need
I say more?

We have a heavily virtualized build/test/dev env, so good if you have
practical vmware experience.

Contact me directly and I will forward your resume.

cheers,
-Russ

Job Opening: Senior QA/Test Engineer (Alameda)

As a Senior QA/Test Engineer at Perforce you will be responsible for
developing and implementing automated test solutions across multiple
platforms. We are looking for creative candidates with solid
technical skills and a passion for quality.

================
Responsibilities:
================

o As a member of the QA staff, develop automated tests and automation
frameworks for a variety of software products.
   This will require expertise with Python, Perl, Ruby, and/or other
scripting languages.
o You will develop test plans and strategies for new products and for
new functionality in existing products,
   and implement those plans with automated and manual test cases.
o On a daily basis, you will work with QA staff, product advocates,
developers, designers
   and tech support engineers to build the next generation of SCM tools.
o As a senior engineer, you will serve as a technical resource to
other staff members, sharing your knowledge
   and providing guidance as needed. This will include informal
collaboration on projects, developing sample
   and proof-of-concept code, and writing technical papers for our
internal web site.

=============
Requirements:
=============

o BA/BS or equivalent experience.
o At least 5 years experience in software development, including
experience in QA and Test.
o Hands-on experience using Windows, Unix and Mac OS X.
o Solid knowledge of at least one programming language, and at least
some familiarity with C++.
o Fluency with at least one scripting language: Unix/DOS shell, Perl,
Ruby, Python, etc.
o Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
o The ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects,
setting and managing
   priorities in a dynamic environment.
o The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
o The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
o Experience using SCM tools in a production environment.
o Familiarity with Perforce products and with SCM concepts and
practices (preferred)