[sf-perl] Looking For Software Asset Management Tool Recommendations

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Fri Feb 10 13:22:10 PST 2012

> The fundamental question they want answered is:>> When a new version of a project is released, whom do I need to notify?
The ASF has developed a fairly robust structure and set of processes
for software development that may be worth examining to see if your
organization is facing similar problems. JIRA is used for issue
tracking on some projects, but like any piece of software there it has
shortcomings, breaks as much as any other software does, and gets
disparaged by the users on a daily basis.

I'd suggest reading through the Apache website, if nothing else than
to see how the organizational structure has evolved to manage several
hundred projects which power a good chunk of the web -
http://apache.org/