[sf-perl] installer consultant needed for short gig
rdm at cfcl.com
Fri Mar 18 19:07:45 PDT 2011
I've developed a Ruby plugin for SketchUp and need one-
click installers for both Mac OS X and M$ Windows. The
client wants "easy to use" and "pretty"; I want "robust"
and "easy to extend and maintain".
If you have strong expertise in developing Mac OS X or
M$ Windows installers, and you're interested in a short
consulting gig, please contact me off-list.
The task is to develop the installer (described below)
and show me the details. The specification is really
very simple. Roughly:
* The user's machine has an installed, functioning
copy of Google SketchUp 7 or greater.
* The user has downloaded the appropriate archive.
* The user runs (eg, double-clicks) the installer.
* The installer performs the following actions:
- If the user's home directory has a "Foo" sub-
directory, display a nastygram and exit.
- If SketchUp's "plugins" directory contains a
"Bar.pl" file, display a nastygram and exit.
- Unpack a zip archive (Foo.zip) into the user's
home directory, yielding a Foo sub-directory.
- Copy a file from the "Foo" sub-directory tree
to SketchUp's "plugins" directory.
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm Rich Morin
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/weblog +1 650-873-7841
Software system design, development, and documentation
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm