[sf-perl] [meeting] Perl + MongoDB => Mongoers + Fun

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Tue Jun 7 11:59:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com> wrote:
> It just makes it hard for me to take MongoDB seriously when they keep throwing
> around this total buzzword nonsense, even in completely inappropriate
> venues (like perlmongers).

We had a packed house and great reviews at the previous MongoDB meetup
in September 2009, so I considered this topic to be appropriate to
this group.  It looks like you were at that meeting Josh:

http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/events/11203260/

> Fred, do you have confirmation that we're getting an *engineer* for
> perlmongers and not a marketdroid?

The speaker at this meeting will be Gaëtan Voyer-Perraul, he is an
engineer at 10gen.com - http://twitter.com/#!/gatesvp

Marketdroid is a buzzword that I'm not familiar with, but I would have
to say that he is not one from my guess at the meaning.